I love crisp, buttery garlic bread any way I can get it. My favorite way to prepare it is sprinkled with spicy red pepper flakes to give it a little kick.
- 1 loaf French bread, about 12 ounces
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch kosher salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cut the bread in half lengthwise through the top of the loaf, cutting to, but not through, the opposite side. Cut the bread crosswise at 1-inch intervals, cutting to, but not through, the opposite side.
2. Stir together the butter, garlic, crushed red pepper and salt. Spread the butter mixture over the bread and between the slices.
3. Bake until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.