I love chocolate milkshakes and this espresso "martino" is the perfect pick-me-up on New Year's Eve so I can stay up for the midnight ball drop. The warm spices bring this mocktail to a whole new level. It's a great way to start the new year on a sweet note.
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 (1.5-ounce) shot brewed espresso (3 tablespoons), slightly cooled
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large pinch cayenne pepper
- whipped cream, for topping
- 1 (4-ounce) bar bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cinnamon stick
Combine the milk, espresso, chocolate syrup, vanilla, cayenne and 1 cup ice in a cocktail shaker and shake well. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Top with whipped cream
Use a rasp grater to grate some of the chocolate and cinnamon stick on top. Garnish with the cinnamon stick.