- 1 8 to 10-pound fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh dill, minced
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, ground
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 whole star anise
- Pomegranate seeds (garnish)
- Fresh mint (garnish)
1. Preheat the oven to 325рхњF.
2. Score the ham by cutting a series of parallel lines 1" apart just through the skin, approximately 1/2" deep. Then score another set of line across the first to form a diamond pattern.
3. Place the ham in a roasting pan, add 1 cup of water and roast for 60 minutes.
4. While the ham is baking combine all of the glaze ingredients in a saucepan on medium heat and cook until reduced by half. The glaze will have a thickened syrupy consistency.
5. Brush a thin layer of the pomegranate glaze and continue glazing the ham every 5 minutes, for the next 30 minutes. Roast the ham until the internal temperature is 140F.
6. Allow ham to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
7. Serve the ham garnished with pomegranate seeds and torn mint leaves.