Warm spices and crystallized ginger make this bundt cake a flavorful standout. It's perfect for dessert, the perfect pairing to a comforting cup of tea or even for a sweet breakfast treat.
- 3/4 cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup crystallized ginger, chopped (optional)
- Powdered sugar and whipped cream, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10-cup bundt pan.
2. Cream butter and sugar 5 minutes, or until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, until evenly combined. Mix in the molasses and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in parts, alternating with the apple water, stirring just until smooth and combined. Pour into the prepared bundt pan, and bake about one hour, or until cake tester comes out clean.
5. Let the cake cool completely. Serve dusted with powdered sugar, with whipped cream on the side.