This is unlike any omelet you've ever had before! The bold flavors of the spices, aromatics and fresh herbs make it incredibly flavorful and unique. It's a wonderful dish to serve for a brunch party but easy enough to make any day of the week.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 3 eggs
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Heat one tablespoon of oil in a non-stick pan. Add the cumin seeds and toast until they crackle. Add the onions and ginger and sauté until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add baby spinach leaves to the onion mixture and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
2. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, salt, paprika, mustard, chopped basil leaves and pepper.
3. Add the whisked eggs to the pan, lower the heat, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are cooked.