This burger delivers all the flavor with no filler. Ditch the breads crumbs and just use really well seasoned beef seared to perfection. It's beyond good!
Technique tip: Make the patties a little thinner and wider than usual because they will shrink as they cook.
Swap option: Use ground turkey to make these a little lighter or omit the bun for a keto diet-friendly version.
- 1⅓ pounds 85% lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon salt-free steak seasoning
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 4 slices cheese, of your choice
- Sliced tomatoes, lettuce and pickles, for serving
1. In a bowl, mix together the beef, grated onion, garlic, seasoning, salt and Worcestershire. Then form the meat into 4 thin, wide patties. Set them aside.
2. Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Place the burgers in the skillet and sear for about 3 minutes then flip. Wait a couple minutes, then add your cheese and finish cooking until the cheese is fully melted.
3. Mix together the mayo and mustard for a delicious multi-use spread, toast the buns (if you'd like) and assemble the burger with your favorite toppings.