You can make this drink into a shandy by adding lager, ale or wheat beer.
- 10 ounces fresh sweet cherries, such as Bing, pitted (2 cups)
- 10 ounces fresh or thawed frozen sour cherries, pitted (1½ cups)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1½ cups freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 12 limes)
- 6 cups chilled seltzer (48 ounces)
- Thinly sliced lime wheels, for serving
Combine the cherries, sugar, zest and juice. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved and flavors are melded, at least 1 hour or, refrigerated in an airtight container, up to 2 days.
Combine cherry mixture and seltzer in a large pitcher. Serve over ice, garnished with lime wheels.
Martha Stewart Living © Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved.