I love this recipe because with just a few ingredients you can put together a flavorful, satisfying and impressive meal. The creamy sauce, melty Parmesan and salty ham [**LINK Garlic Rosemary Slow-Cooker Ham LINK**] make this one of my favorite Italian comfort foods.
Technique tip: Make sure the pasta water is as salty as seawater.
Swap option: For a vegetarian option, use roasted vegetables instead of ham.
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup garlic rosemary ham, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water cook pasta according to package instructions; reserve 1/2 cup water and drain well.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and Parmesan, set aside.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ham and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes, reserve excess fat.
4. Add the garlic to the skillet and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low.
5. Working quickly, stir in pasta and egg mixture, and gently toss to combine, season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add reserved pasta water, one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
6. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley.