- 6 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon hot red pepper flakes
- 24 tablespoon prince edward island mussels
- 1 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/4 cup italian parsley
Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil and add 2 tablespoons salt.
In a 12- to 14-inch saute pan heat the oil over medium-high heat until just smoking.
Add the garlic, bell peppers and pepper flakes and cook until soft, 7 to 8 minutes.
Add the mussels and cook 1 minute, stirring regularly.
Add the wine and bring to a boil.
Meanwhile, drop the pasta in the boiling water and cook according to package instructions.
Cook the mussels until they have all opened, about 3 minutes.
Drain the pasta well and toss into the pan with the mussels.
Cook together for 30 seconds.
Add the parsley, toss well and serve in a warm serving bowl.