I love these tacos because they're insanely flavorful: The ginger-soy shrimp, fresh cilantro, spicy chiles and tart lime juice all blend together beautifully.
- 4 (6-inch) corn or flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons chipotle in adobe sauce, divided
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1½ cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, grated, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cooking oil
- 1/2 pound leftover Ginger-Soy Shrimp (recipe linked above)
- 1/4 cup feta or cotija cheese, crumbled
- Cilantro leaves
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve
1. Heat up the tortillas according to package directions. Set aside and keep warm.
2. In a small bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon chipotle sauce and the sour cream until fully incorporated. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, tip in the shredded red cabbage. Add the mayo, lime juice, 1 clove of grated garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well until coated; taste and adjust seasoning.
4. In a nonstick skillet, drizzle in a bit of cooking oil and toss in the remaining grated garlic and the remaining 1 tablespoon chipotle sauce. Cook for 2 minutes and then add in the leftover shrimp and toss to coat, just to warm through — do not overcook. Remove from the pan.
5. Evenly distribute the slaw over the four tortillas. Do the same with the shrimp and top with a dollop of the chipotle sour cream, crumbled cheese, cilantro leaves and tomato pieces. Serve with a wedge of lime.