- 12 ounces ground chuck shortrib
- 12 ounces ground beef brisket ground
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 2 grinds black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dill chopped
- 1 cup onions sliced
- 1 head garlic, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Kevin Sbraga of Sbraga Dining shares an over the top burger that will truly impress.
Grind beef on a meat grinder die or meat grinder plate, twice. Form into 4 6-ounce patties. Season with salt.
Caramelized onion jam:
Roast garlic. Drizzle with olive oil over exposed cloves. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 400°F (205°C) for 30-35 minutes, or until the cloves feel soft.
Sweat the onions in olive oil until caramelized. Deglaze with vinegar, sugar and roasted garlic. Cook down until glazed.
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and allow sit overnight.
Grill the burger patty 3 to 5 mins per side or until internal temperature reads 130 degrees.
- Toasted top bun
- Comeback sauce
- Sliced red onion
- Sliced beefsteak tomato seasoned with salt and pepper
- Boston bibb lettuce
- Sliced aged cheddar
- 6-ounce burger, seasoned with salt
- Bottom burger bun
Serve with caramelized onion jam.