- Place the peeled and chopped potatoes into cold salted water and heat to a gentle simmer. Simmer for about 15 minutes, until the potatoes are just cooked through. Drain and rinse in cold water until cooled. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook slowly so the fat renders and the bacon goes crispy.
- Add the carrot, celery and leeks and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the thyme and cook until the carrots have softened, stirring frequently.
- Place the clams into a large pot and add the bacon mixture and fish stock. Bring to a simmer and cover the pot. Cook 2-3 minutes, until the clams are mostly opened. Add the cream and potatoes and swirl the pan to blend the liquids together. Return to a simmer and cook another 2-3 minutes. Discard any unopened clams. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve in bowls topped with fresh parsley and lemon on the side. Use the bread to dip up the gorgeous juices.
May 21, 201504:11