Chef Chris Santos of Pinknic in New York City knows how to create a fabulous picnic basket filled with delicious crowd pleasing dishes that are easy to prep, pack and go. Here, he shares his fast smoky grilled corn salad that comes together in under 10 minutes.
- 3 ears corn, grilled and cut off the cob
- 10 tomatillos, diced 1/4-inch
- 1 red onion, diced 1/4-inch
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped (leaves only)
- 1/8 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the corn. Once charred, removed from the grill. Cool, then cut the kernels off of the cobs.
In a large bowl, add the grilled corn kernels and the remaining ingredients. Toss and season to taste with the salt and pepper. Serve.