Egg rolls are one of my all-time favorite foods! I love to change up the fillings and switch around the flavor profiles. And it's always fun to bite into a crispy roll and find a smoky, cheesy surprise inside.
- Leftover macaroni and cheese, cold
- 3 cups leftover brisket, chopped
- 1 pack egg roll wrappers
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Vegetable oil, for frying
1. In a bowl, combine the leftover mac and cheese, brisket and cheddar cheese; mix well.
2. In a small bowl, beat the egg and water together.
3. Place 3 tablespoons of mac and cheese mixture in the center of each egg wrapper.
4. Brush the edges of each wrapper with egg wash. Fold and roll according to package instructions
5. Heat a heavy pot with about 2-inches of oil, heated to 350 F.
6. Fry the egg rolls until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Serve hot.