Using two kinds of potatoes is just the start of what makes this potato salad special. It also features crunchy carrots and celery, fresh scallions and the rich texture of chopped hard-boiled eggs.
- 1½ pounds Yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1½ pounds heirloom fingerling potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons herbed olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1. In a large pot, combine potatoes with 8 cups of water, one tablespoon salt, bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook until tender about 15 minutes.
2. Drain potatoes and cool.
3. In a large metal bowl, coarsely smash potatoes with herbed olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Mix in all ingredients except for hard-boiled eggs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Place on a large serving platter, top with hard-boiled eggs and serve.