I love this recipe because it saves oven and stovetop space on turkey day when cooking space is at a premium.
Swap option: Swap water or vegetable broth for chicken broth.
- 5 pounds red skin potatoes
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3/4 cup butter, cut into cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
1. Peel, if desired, and cube the potatoes and place in the slow cooker.
2. Pour the chicken broth over your potatoes.
3. Cover and cook on high for 2-4 hours until they are fork tender.
4. Add the garlic, butter, salt and pepper, cream cheese and sour cream to slow cooker.
5. Place hand mixer directly in crock pot to mix until smooth and creamy.
6. Switch crock pot to low to keep potatoes hot until ready to serve.