This hot chocolate tastes just like a melted candy bar! The combo of the chocolate with the creme de menthe makes it feel very holiday appropriate.
Technique tip: Make sure you switch your slow cooker to warm once the hot chocolate comes together otherwise it can scorch the bottom.
Swap option: Swap any liquor of your choice to spike the adult beverages.
- 5 cups whole milk
- One 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- One 12-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 2 cups good quality semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 pinch salt
- Creme de menthe or Frangelico (optional)
- Crushed candy canes, crumbled cookies and marshmallows, to garnish
1. Add the milk, evaporated milk, condensed milk, heavy cream, chocolate chips and salt to a crockpot and simmer on low for 2 hours.
2. When ready to serve, add a splash of liqueur for the adults, if desired.
3. Serve with garnishes on the side.