Serving a ham for your Easter buffet doesn't have to be hard work. Use your slow cooker to do the heavy lifting! This so-simple method ensures a centerpiece dish that's tender and full of flavor — never dry or overcooked. Topped with a sweetly spiced mustard glaze, every slice is dressed to impress.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup stoneground mustard
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 6-to 7-pound pre-cooked spiral-sliced ham
1. Stir all ingredients except the ham together in a 6-quart slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
3. Add the ham to the slow cooker, separating the slices with your fingers and adjusting the ham's placement as necessary to make sure the lid can close tightly.
4. Brush the glaze over the ham with a basting brush, making sure to drip the glaze between the slices as best as you can.
5. Reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook for 4-5 hours until a thermometer inserted into the center of the ham reads 140° F., basting every 1 ½ to 2 hours.
6. Slice and serve.