- 2 pounds ground chicken, preferably 90% lean
- 1 pound (2 1/2 cups) dried navy beans, rinsed
- 1 large white onion, diced small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon (save the rest to make bald wedges for serving)
- 1 yellow pepper, diced small
- 2 tablespoons chili powder, more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, more to tatse
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 quart baby kale or spinach
- Sour cream or yogurt for serving, optional
This hearty and delicious chicken and white bean chili is a cinch to prepare. Just toss all the ingredients into a slow cooker and let it simmer away!
Place everything except the kale into a slow cooker and cover with 7 cups of water. Cook on low heat for 8 to 10 hours or high heat for 4 to 5 hours. Remove bay leaf.
Add the kale and let cook until it wilts, about 20 to 30 minutes.
Serve chili with lemon wedges and yogurt or sour cream, sprinkled with more chili powder if you like.