This dish is so versatile! It's also great for meal prep. Whether you're making tacos or stuffed bell peppers, it's something that you'll enjoy all week long.
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can roasted tomatoes
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1½ tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 pounds chicken breast tenders
1. In a multifunction cooker or slow cooker, add the tomatoes, chipotles, onion, sugar, garlic, paprika, cumin, oregano and lime juice. Blend using immersion blender to make the sauce smooth or pour the mixture into a blender, pulse blend until smooth, then add it back to the cooker.
2. Nestle the chicken breasts into the sauce.
3. Add the top of the cooker and cook. For pressure cooking, seal the steam hole, set temperature between high and medium-high and cook for 25 to 30 minutes. For slow-cooking, cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours.
4. At the end of the cooking cycle, remove the chicken breasts and add them to a bowl. Gently pull the chicken apart using forks to shred. Add the shredded chicken back to the sauce and thoroughly mix together.
5. Cook on low for another 6 to 10 minutes, then enjoy!