You'll never go back to the canned stuff after trying these incredibly delicious and easy-to-make sloppy Joes. Using three kinds of meat adds amazing flavor and texture to these hearty sandwiches.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 pound beef rib eye, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely diced mushrooms
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup birch beer
- 1 tablespoon English mustard, preferably Colman's
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- Sharp provolone cheese
- American cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet peppers
- Long rolls, cut in half lengthwise
1. In a large pan, over medium-high heat, add the oil. Once hot, add the onions and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
2. Add ground beef and pork and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Then add the shaved beef and cook an additional 2 minutes.
3. Stir in the mushrooms, ketchup, birch beer, mustard and spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes until everything is heated through and well combined.
4. Scoop the sloppy Joe mixture onto rolls, top with both cheeses and garnish with the sweet peppers.