Skillet fruit crisps are probably my number one go-to for desserts because they're so easy to make. You just toss in the fruit, top it with a crumble, bake it and that's it!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 pints fresh blueberries
- 2 6-ounce packages fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
For the crumble topping:
Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, combine the flour, almonds, cornmeal, brown sugar, and salt. Add the butter and mix using your fingers until the mixture is crumbly. Refrigerate.
For the filling:1.
In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, combine the blueberries, raspberries, brown sugar, flour, lemon juice and cinnamon. Mix together with a spoon.2.
Remove from the fridge and evenly sprinkle the top with the crumble mixture on top of berries.3.
Bake until the fruit mixture is bubbling and the top is golden brown, 30-35 minutes. Let cool and serve with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.