I've heard these referred to as "Totchos" (which is sort of hard to say), but whatever they are called they are superbly delicious. I grew up in the Midwest so I'm very familiar with Tater Tots, but using them to make nachos transforms them into something that will surely be a crowd-pleasing hit!
Technique Tip: Place sour cream mixture into a plastic baggie and snip one corner off the bag for a pretty drizzling effect.
Swap Option: Tater Tots are basically a vessel for anything you want to top them with: Experiment with your favorite cheeses, proteins and veggies.
- 1 bag frozen Tater Tots (or your favorite brand)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon (about 6 slices)
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce, or more to taste
- 1/2 lime, juiced
1. Prepare Tater Tots as directed on package.
2. Remove from oven and top with cheese and crumbled bacon. Place back in oven and bake for another 5 minutes or so, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
3. Top nachos with tomatoes, green onions and avocado.
4. In a bowl, whisk together sour cream, hot sauce and lime juice. Spoon the mixture over the top of the nachos and serve.