Whenever I drink this, I like to pretend I’m sitting by the beach in Spain wearing a flowing dress, giant sunglasses and a big floppy hat. While traditional sangria usually features red wine, this drink is made with a sweet white wine and accompanied by brandy and flavored sparkling water. And, because you can make it in a giant pitcher, it’s the perfect beverage to serve a crowd at any gathering. They will be impressed, they will be refreshed, and they will feel as though you’ve whisked them away to a far-off place.
- 2 large white peaches, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup halved seedless green grapes
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 2 cups chilled cantaloupe melon balls
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle Moscato
- 1/2 cup peach nectar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) brandy
- 1 (12-ounce) can chilled peach-and-pear sparkling water
Place the peaches, grapes and cantaloupe in a large pitcher or punchbowl. Add the Moscato, peach nectar, lemon juice and brandy, and stir gently. Chill for 4 hours. When ready to serve, add the sparkling water, and serve chilled with plenty of fruit in each serving.