I love a good chopped salad. Its a convenient way to use your fresh produce, and it makes a delicious lunch.
Technique tip: Cut all vegetables to be the same size. This makes the salad easier to eat.
Swap option: Use any variety of herbs: basil, cilantro, parsley, mint, etc.
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 package steam-in-bag package steam-in-bag haricot verts
- 1 (16-ounce) can can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 5 small radishes, quartered
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 head radicchio, chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1/3 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
Make the dressing: Whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until well-blended. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly until combined. Set aside.
Make the salad: Prepare the haricot verts according to the package directions and then cut into 1-inch pieces. Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, and toss to coat. Serve immediately.