- 12 oysters, cleaned and freshly shucked
- 1/4 cup red or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely diced shallot
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup cocktail sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Crushed ice, for serving
Oysters are an elegant way to kick off any date night. They are simple yet impressive, and completely delicious — especially when topped with hot horseradish, spicy cocktail sauce and savory mignonette.
Technique tip: Keeping the oysters on ice will ensure they stay fresh and perfectly chilled.
Whisk together vinegar, shallot and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour into a small ramekin.2.
Place cocktail sauce in another small ramekin.3.
Place horseradish in your third small ramekin.4.
To serve, coat plate with crushed ice and place shucked oysters on top. Put 3 ramekins in center with tiny spoons or forks. Garnish with lemon wedges.