The tart citrus juices and the earthy rosemary combined with the sweet agave syrup make this drink irresistibly refreshing. A splash of club soda adds a fun fizz, but is not necessary.
Technique tip: Stirring everything in a mixing glass before transferring into a drinking glass will make sure the cocktail is properly proportioned.
Swap option: You can experiment with other herbs like thyme or the traditional mint leaves, or for a "mocktail" omit the vodka and add more club soda.
- 1½ ounces vodka
- 1½ ounces freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 ounce agave syrup
- 1 splash club soda (optional)
- 1 sprig rosemary, for garnish
1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a mixing glass and stir.
2. Add ice to a julep cup and pour cocktail into glass.
3. Finish with a splash of club soda (if you want some fizz) and garnish with a rosemary sprig.