- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 ounces dried beef (such as Buddig Beef), diced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Baguette slices, buttered and toasted
Just one bite of this luscious cream cheese and salty chopped beef dip is enough to transport me back to the Midwest.
Technique tip: Dip can be made in advance and baked when ready. Just let the refrigerated dip come to room temp before baking.
Swap option: Nuts are totally optional. A lot of traditional chipped beef dips use diced green peppers, which is always an option if that's something you like. You can also serve this with chips or crackers.
Preheat oven to 350°F.2.
Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Pour into a glass baking dish. Sprinkle walnuts on top.3.
Bake for 20 minutes.4.
Top with chives and serve with buttery, toasted bread.