Just one bite of this luscious cream cheese and salty chopped beef dip is enough to transport me back to the Midwest.
Technique tip: Dip can be made in advance and baked when ready. Just let the refrigerated dip come to room temp before baking.
Swap option: Nuts are totally optional. A lot of traditional chipped beef dips use diced green peppers, which is always an option if that's something you like. You can also serve this with chips or crackers.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 ounces dried beef (such as Buddig Beef), diced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Baguette slices, buttered and toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Pour into a glass baking dish. Sprinkle walnuts on top.
3. Bake for 20 minutes.
4. Top with chives and serve with buttery, toasted bread.