There's something so refreshing about the combination of juicy watermelon and salty feta. When you add sweet blueberries, you have the perfect, patriotic summer salad.
Technique tip: Use kitchen shears to easily chop fresh herbs.
Swap option: Try adding arugula for a heartier salad.
- 1 small watermelon, rind removed and cut into cubes
- 1 pint blueberries, washed
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh mint
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a large bowl add watermelon, blueberries and crumbled feta.2.
Add olive oil, lemon juice and zest and mint, and stir to combine.3.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.