Rice Krispies Treats are iconic, and this recipe shakes up the classic dessert with sprinkles, fun shapes and lollipop sticks.
Technique tip: Using a rubber spatula will help smooth out the bars.
Swap option: Try browning the butter first for a different, yummy flavor! Special equipment: Lollipop sticks and star-shaped cookie cutters.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
1. Coat a 9- by 13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add marshmallows and stir until mixture melts entirely.
3. Stir in desired amount of red, white and blue sprinkles. Add cereal and stir until combined.
4. Press mixture into the prepared baking pan. Use a spatula to evenly smooth out mixture. Let cool on counter.
5. Once cool, use a star cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Insert a lollipop stick into each star.