These chocolate-filled blondies are a great way to use up extra candy after any sweet-centric holiday.
Technique tip: To crush candy, place it in a sturdy plastic bag and use anything heavy (soup can, bottle of wine) to bang the bag until candy is crushed.
Swap option: Instead of candy, use chocolate chips or any kind of chip (white chocolate, peanut butter, butterscotch, etc.).
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (1½ sticks), melted and cooled
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- Crushed candy, such as M&Ms, Dove Promises and Milky Ways
- Flaky sea salt (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 9- by 13-inch baking pan with parchment paper, so that it's hanging over the longer sides. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
3. In another larger bowl, stir together the butter and brown sugar. Stir in the vanilla and the eggs and stir until combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the larger bowl and stir until just combined, being careful not to over stir.
5. Fold the candy into the batter.
6. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown. Sprinkle with sea salt and let cool before removing from pan and cutting.