The frozen banana and chocolate combo is pretty epic on its own, but once you top it off with crushed candy, you've got a real winner on your hands. Best part? It's super easy to make and it's semi-healthy! A great way to sneak some fruit into your diet in treat form.
Technique tip: Freezing the bananas first will keep the popsicle sticks in place and make for a cleaner dip. Pouring the chocolate into a tall glass makes it very easy to dip the bananas into.
Swap option: The candy possibilities are endless, whatever your heart desires! You could also try crushed peanuts, coconut or sprinkles.
- 4 bananas
- 8 popsicle sticks
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- Assorted chocolate candies, such as Snickers, Twix and M&Ms
1. Peel bananas and slice in half lengthwise. Stick a popsicle stick into the end of each, and place bananas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze for 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, separate candies into 3 heavy plastic bags. Using anything heavy (like a soup can or wine bottle), crush candies in bag. Place each candy into 3 shallow bowls.
3. With about 10 minutes left of the bananas freezing, heat a double boiler (or add about an inch of water in a small saucepan and place a heat proof bowl on top, making sure that the bowl doesn't touch the water). Melt chocolate, stirring until smooth. Pour into a tall heat-proof glass.
4. Dip frozen bananas first into chocolate and then roll into preferred candy to coat.
5. Either eat hot or let sit until chocolate hardens (you can put them in the fridge or freezer to speed up that process).