This is one of Carson's favorite fish recipes. It's so light and refreshing, which is why he often requests it alongside a steak. Surf and turf at its best!
Technique tip: Use a fork to check the doneness of the fish. It will flake easily once properly cooked.
Swap option: This is a very basic recipe that will work nicely with many types of fish.
- Four 6-ounce halibut filets
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped chives
- Lemon wedges
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice and olive oil.
3. Place halibut filets skin-side down in a baking dish. Drizzle with the lemon juice and olive oil mixture and season with salt and pepper.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
5. Drizzle fish with a little more olive oil, sprinkle with chives and serve with lemon wedges.