This dish is a fun play on pasta salad. The tender couscous gets tossed with a citrusy vinaigrette that brings it brightness, while fresh veggies add a pleasant crunch and aromatic herbs provide a pop of freshness.
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ cups dry pearl couscous, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups diced English cucumber
- 6 mini sweet peppers (red, yellow and orange), diced
- 1 navel orange, supremed/sectioned
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves, snipped or torn
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves, snipped or torn
For the dressing:
In a large bowl, whisk together the orange juice, honey, mustard, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Whisk until combined, then slowly add the oil while whisking until it is all combined. Taste and season with more salt, if needed. Set aside.
For the salad:
To the bowl of dressing, add the cooked couscous, cucumbers and sweet peppers. Toss to coat and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, tossing a few times as it chills.
Remove the salad from the refrigerator and toss again. Garnish with the orange sections, basil and mint.