I love this recipe because it's so fast, so healthy and it will even get kids to eat their greens.
Technique tip: Tear the stems out of each kale leaf then stack, roll and thinly slice the leaves all at once.
Swap option: You can use Swiss chard or any other leafy green you prefer.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and sliced into thin ribbons
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice (optional)
Add the olive oil to a large heavy skillet over high heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for about 30 seconds. Toss in the kale and continue to cook until crisp edges develop. Add salt to taste.
Drizzle with lemon juice, if using, and serve.