I love this recipe because it is so simple yet packed with flavor! It can be used a multitude of ways, including as a glaze or marinade for protein of choice, tossed in noodles, and even as a secret ingredient for smooth and beautiful cookies. The ingredients also allow for a considerable shelf life, as long as it remains refrigerated.
- 1/2 cup sake (can use rice wine, vermouth or dry sherry as substitute)
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1/2 cup white miso
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
1. In a medium saucepan bring sake and mirin to a boil then switch to low heat.
2. Add miso and brown sugar and whisk until well combined and sugar has melted.
3. Remove from heat and let cool.