- 1 head cauliflower, washed, dried and cut into florets
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Raw cauliflower has an incredible crunch and hearty, satisfying texture. Serve this flavorful salad as a side dish or for a light vegetarian lunch.
In a food processor fitted with the slicing disk add the cauliflower and process. Work in batches and empty the shaved cauliflower into a mixing bowl when it gets too full. Set aside.2.
In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, capers, vinegar and olive oil. Season with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste. Pour dressing over shaved cauliflower. Add raisins, sun-dried tomatoes and parsley. Toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.