- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cup garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 bunch medium zucchini, cut in 2-by-1/2-inch strips
- 1 bunch red, 1 yellow bell pepper, cut in 2-by-1/2-inch strips
- 1 cup defrosted peas or fava beans
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves, shredded
In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, add olive oil.
When oil is hot, add garlic.
Let the garlic sizzle a minute, then add the peppers.
Cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the Marinara bring to a rapid simmer and cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
Add the scallions, peas or fava bean and salt.
Bring to a simmer and cook another 5 minutes, then stir in the shrimp.
Simmer until shrimp are pink and just cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Stir in the basil and serve over steamed rice.