- 8 ounces udon noodles
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ a lemon, juiced
- 8 oz. sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 zucchini, cut in half length-wise and then sliced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Optional toppings: Sriracha, toasted sesame seeds
1. Prepare udon noodles as directed on package. Drain, rinse under cold water, and set aside.
2. Combine butter and garlic in a small bowl. Stir, and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and sauté, a minute per side. Add garlic butter and lemon juice, sauté for one more minute until butter melts and shrimp is pink, and then remove into a bowl and set aside.
4. Add remaining 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil to skillet, and then add mushrooms, zucchini and green onions. Saute for 5-7 minutes, until vegetables begin to caramelize.
5. Put shrimp and udon noodles back in skillet with vegetables, and add chicken stock, soy sauce and sesame oil. Toss with tongs to combine. Serve warm with optional toppings.