I love making shrimp rolls because they have all the fresh, summery, seafood flavors as a lobster roll but are more economical. Plus shrimp is more readily available than lobster, but still just as delicious.
Swap option: If you're feeling fancy, you could always use crab or lobster instead.
- 2 pounds cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid crab boil
- 1/4 cup celery, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cucumbers, peeled and finely diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 top-split hot dog buns
- 1 stick butter, softened
Cut shrimp into 1-inch pieces. Mix with all other ingredients. Chill until ready to serve.
Spread butter inside hot dog buns. Toast the buns face side down in a medium skillet or on a griddle pan.
Fill each toasted bun with shrimp salad and serve immediately.