Fresh leafy greens, tasty toppings and a flavorful poppy seed dressing make this salad the perfect start to any meal.
Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1½ tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 6 cups mixed green lettuce
- 1/3 cup yellow grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup red grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Poppy Seed Dressing (recipe above)
- 1 Fuji apple, cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons shredded Grana Padano cheese
For the dressing:
1. Place all ingredients in a blender cup except for the olive oil. Mix at medium-high speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
2. Bring blender speed to low and with a running motor, slowly add the oil until dressing is well-emulsified.
3. Transfer dressing to a sealed container, refrigerate and reserve until needed.
For the salad:
In a medium bowl, toss mixed greens and tomatoes with the dressing until well-combined.
Top the tossed lettuce with the sliced apples, red onions, dried cranberries, toasted almonds and cheese. Serve immediately.