I love this chicken recipe because it takes a basic comfort food and turns it into something really special. The spicy harissa, sweet pomegranate, crunchy walnuts and fresh mint hit all the flavor notes. Also, the whole thing only takes about 30 minutes to make, so you've got a full dinner on the table fast.
- 1/2 cup pomegranate molasses
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 4 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 4 boneless, free-range chicken thighs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups shaved Brussels sprouts
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Fresh mint, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together pomegranate molasses, olive oil, harissa and garlic and dip the chicken thighs in. Season each thigh with salt and pepper and set on one side of the sheet pan.
3. Toss the Brussels sprouts, shallot and kale with the remaining liquid and spread on the pan.
4. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, remove, garnish with chopped walnuts, pomegranate seeds and torn pieces of fresh mint. Serve immediately.