- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 habanero pepper, stem removed
- 1½ teaspoons ground allspice
- 1/2 powder garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 6-ounce salmon filets, center cut, skin-on
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, cut into small dice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
Salmon is a flavorful fish that can stand up to the bold spices in this jerk seasoning. And because of its natural fattiness, it remains moist when under the intense heat to make this a quick meal.
Special Kitchen Equipment Required: You'll need a small blender or food processor.
Technique Tip: When working with fresh chili peppers, wear gloves or wash your hands immediately after. Even if you don’t enjoy eating the skin on the salmon, keep it on to avoid drying out during cooking. You can remove it before serving.
Preheat oven to 400F.2.
In a small blender or food processor, add 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, garlic, habanero pepper, spices, 1 ¼ teaspoon salt, orange juice and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Blend until garlic is broken down and the mixture is thickened into a paste-like consistency.3.
Add in honey and blend until the consistency resembles barbecue sauce.4.
Pat salmon filets dry and place on a lined sheet pan. Using a pastry brush, brush jerk marinade onto top and sides of salmon.5.
In a small bowl, combine halved tomatoes, 1 tablespoon jerk marinade and ½ teaspoon salt. Place onto sheet pan around salmon filets. Cook until center of salmon is barely translucent and outside flesh flakes easily, about 10 minutes, or until the thickest part of the filet registers 140F on a digital thermometer.6.
While the salmon bakes, combine diced cucumber, remaining lemon juice and parsley in a medium bowl.7.
Remove the salmon from the oven and set aside. Transfer the burst cherry tomatoes and juices to the bowl with cucumbers and toss to combine. Serve with salmon over a bed of rice or couscous.
Make this sheet pan jerk salmon for 4 in less than 30 minutesApril 4, 202303:23
Here's everything you need to know about the cool new feature.Learn More