Your guests will never guess that it only took five minutes to toss together this impressive salad. The shaved sprouts, sweet apricots and crunchy hazelnuts make this starter a real crowd-pleaser.
- 4 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup sliced dried apricots
- 1/2 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 pound pecorino cheese
1. Strip the outer leaves off of the Brussels sprouts and set aside. Then, holding the sprouts by the stem, chop them into very thin slices (or use a mandolin to slice them into thin pieces).
2. Then toss them in a mixing bowl by hand to further pull apart the layers (the result almost looks like coleslaw before it's dressed).
3. Toss the sprouts with the remaining ingredients except for the cheese.
4. Grate the pecorino on top of the salad with either a grater or a rasp so that it looks like a giant cloud of snow.