For a dairy-free take on McDonald's classic Shamrock Shake, try this creamy Shamrock Smoothie. Coconut milk beverages, like those made by So Delicious and Silk, can be found in most grocery stores. If you only have canned coconut milk in the pantry, taste for sweetness and add more agave to taste. For a richer, thicker smoothie, substitute 1 cup of vanilla coconut milk ice cream.
- 1 cup vanilla coconut milk beverage or coconut milk ice cream (see cooks’ note, below)
- 1 6-ounce container (2/3 cup) Greek yogurt (any fat percentage)
- 2-3 teaspoons agave nectar, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract (optional)
- 1 cup (3 ounces) frozen cut spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
Add the ingredients in the order listed to a high-powered blender. Blend until the spinach and mint are completely pureed, increasing the speed from low to medium-high as the greens are incorporated.
Pour into 2 16-ounce glasses and serve immediately.