All it takes is a little creativity to envision one meal as another. Have a batch of my favorite beef or turkey meatballs leftover? Crumble them up to make an Italian-Mexican fusion that can be eaten utensil-free, which means fewer dishes later on.
Swap option: You can substitute mozzarella cheese for Monterey Jack, cheddar and asadero cheese for a more authentic Mexican taste. Hard or soft taco shells for whatever your preference is.
- 12 hard taco shells
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Use leftover meatballs from stuffed meatballs recipe and, using clean hands, crumble the meat into a large bowl.
2. Rehat meatball taco meat on a skillet with a little oil.
3. Add the crumbled meat to the bottom taco shells, 2-3 crumbled meatballs per taco.
4. Top with diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce and shredded mozzarella cheese or any of your other favorite taco toppings.