What makes these dogs different is the combo of spicy chilies and cool cream cheese. They're like jalapeño poppers and stadium-style hot dogs rolled up into one tasty bite.
Technique tip: Split the dogs down the middle for fast grilling and more char.
- 4 hot dogs
- 2 medium onions, sliced in thick rounds
- 4 hot dog buns
- 8 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- Brown mustard
1. Heat a grill, or grill pan, to medium-high heat. Brush the grill grates with oil.
2. Grill the hot dogs and onions at the same time. When almost done, toast the buns on the grill.
3. Smear 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese on each of the buns. Place a few slices of jalapeño on each bun. Put the hot dogs on the buns and cover with the grilled onions and top with brown mustard.