This easy-to-make yet wonderfully flavorful chicken dish makes for a totally stress-free dinner. It's prefect for serving over rice, rolled in sushi, sprinkled over ramen or stuffed into lettuce cups.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sake
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
1. Combine the soy sauce, sake, mirin, sugar and ginger with 2 tablespoons water in a bowl and whisk to dissolve the sugar. Set aside.
2. Heat a large skillet over high heat, then coat with the vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot, add the ground chicken and use a spoon or spatula to break up any clumps. Add the sauce mixture and simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly, until most of the sauce has evaporated or been absorbed by the chicken.
3. When the chicken is fully cooked, remove from skillet. Serve immediately over warm rice or ramen noodles. If desired, add eggs on top or to the side of the chicken. Garnish with scallions.