Wild Arugula Salad
- Combine a cup of balsamic vinegar with Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, garlic and kosher salt in a small saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until the brown sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate to chill.
- Place hanger steaks in a shallow baking dish. Pour marinade over steaks and turn to coat. Marinade steaks for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile place ½ cup balsamic vinegar and black pepper corns in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and reduce by half. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat, then add the 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. When the oil is hot, season the steaks with salt and pepper and brown evenly, 3-4 minutes on either side. Remove to let rest. Brush steak with balsamic glaze and slice on a bias. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and serve.
- Add half the oil to a small sauce pan. Heat over a medium-low flame to bring the oil to a temperature of about 350°F
- Add garlic and fry, stirring and tossing, until a golden brown, taking care not to let any of it burn. Just one slice burning will change the flavor of the whole batch. This only takes about 2 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- In a small bowl stir in shallot, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and let sit for 5 minutes. Whisk in oil and 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar. Season vinaigrette to taste with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Combine arugula, hearts of palm, fresno chilies and roasted pimento peppers; drizzle with dressing and season with kosher salt and black pepper. Toss salad to coat and plate. Slice hanger steak and layer on top of the salad and top with the pecorino cheese, garlic chips and almonds and drizzle salads with a little more of the dressing and fresh cracked black pepper.