- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces smoked andouille sausage, sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups green bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups seafood or vegetable stock
- 1 pound catfish, cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp (21 to 25 shrimp)
- 1 pound picked lump crabmeat
- 1 pound lobster claw meat (defrosted)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 green onions, sliced
- kosher salt
- cooked white rice, for serving
Seafood stew is for the seafood lover at heart! Loaded with shrimp, firm catfish, lump crab and sweet lobster, it's everything you need that will warm your soul on a cold night.
Swap option: Feel free to swap out catfish for any firm fish such as halibut or cod.
Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large pot or Dutch oven. Cook the sausage until browned, about 5 minutes.2.
Sprinkle the flour over the sausage and cook, stirring, until lightly toasted and the meat is well-coated, about 2 minutes.3.
Add the Cajun seasoning, garlic, peppers and onions, and continue to cook until the vegetables are softened, 5 minutes.4.
Add tomatoes and stock, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot, and increase the heat to bring to a simmer.5.
Lower the heat slightly and simmer until the stew is thickened and the flavors are melded, about 30 minutes. Gently stir in the fish and shrimp. Cook, making sure the stew is not at a rapid boil, simmer until the shrimp and fish have just turned opaque, about 5 minutes.6.
Fold in crab and lobster meat carefully to heat through, trying not to break up the crab lumps.7.
Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley and scallions. Adjust seasonings to taste and serve over rice.